Artist statement

to see more photographs see also : http://arttheodoralenka.blogspot.fr/

jeudi 27 septembre 2012

Un dessin par jour... (c'est une mensonge)


One drawing a day... (which is a lie) 
ink on paper, each 15 x 21 cm



















Drawing helps me to discover what moves me or how I am moved. It is reflected in folowing the line, in stopping and starting, in the pressure on the paper and in the image that arises. Drawing alows me to be an observer when using my pencil, knife, or pen, whichever makes the mark on the paper. It marks my state of being. It may mean that it marks some unknown memories, visions or dreams, but most of all it is a movement at that very moment. It is that time and space that I inhabit with my presence that seems to be the creative force. My drawings are not a representation of something, but seems to be life itself. 


Aucun commentaire: